First Midwest Bank and 101.9 THE MIX have partnered to celebrate women in business.
Is there a woman business owner who inspires you? Nominate her today and her business could win a total prize package of $10,000- $5,000 to support her business and $5,0000 to support her community!
First Midwest Bank and 101.9 THE MIX have partnered to celebrate women in business. Is there a woman business owner who inspires you? Nominate her today and her business could win a total prize package of $10,000- $5,000 to support her business and $5,0000 to support her community!
How to Participate
- Complete the online official entry form by May 9, 2021
- Within the online entry form tell us in 300 words or less:
- How the nominee is active in her community
- How the Nominee inspires you and/others
- How the work-related accomplishments of the Nominee impact the community
- The Nomination with the highest overall score using the Judging Criteria: How active the Nominee is in the community (1/3), how the Nominee has helped to inspire others (1/3), how the Nominee’s work-related accomplishments affect the community (1/3) will be deemed the (1) Grand Prize winner.
- No purchase necessary. Please review official rules.
NOMINATE AN INSPIRING WOMEN IN BUSINESS
View Official Rules
First Midwest Bank: Inspiring Women In Business Contest
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT NECESSARY. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED BY LAW.
BY ENTERING THE CONTEST, EACH NOMINATOR AGREES TO THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
By submitting a NOMINATION, you hereby acknowledge and agree that your NOMINATION may APPEAR ON SPONSOR’S WEBSITE, SOCIAL MEDIA CHANNELS, AND ON RADIO BROADCASTS OR STREAMING ONLINE, without prior consent by or notice to the NOMINATOR OR NOMINEE and for no additional compensation.
- Eligibility: Nominators of The First Midwest Bank: Inspiring Women In Business Contest (“Contest”) can be those who are 18 years of age or older and are legal residents of the state of Illinois; the state of Indiana; the state of Iowa; or the state of Wisconsin (collectively, the “Territory”) (“Nominator”). Nominators may nominate any woman business owner who is at least 18 years of age or older, who has owned a business for a minimum of 2 years, whose business is not a competitor of First Midwest Bank, and whose business is located within the Territory (“Nominee”). PLEASE NOTE that the Nominee is the person who may be deemed the Prize winner, and not the Nominator. The Nominator and Nominee MAY be the same person (i.e., you may nominate yourself). To be eligible as a Nominee, the Nominee’s business may NOT be a business that involves or is a religious institution, in the adult entertainment industry, a government entity, a school, a political affiliation or a marijuana business (each a “Non-Eligible Entity”). Employees of First Midwest Bank (the "Sponsor"), 2060 Digital, LLC ("Administrator”), or any of their respective affiliates, subsidiaries, advertising agencies, or any other company or individual involved with the design, production execution or distribution of the Contest (collectively with Sponsor and Administrator, the "Contest Entities") and their immediate family (spouse, parents and step-parents, siblings and step-siblings, and children and step-children) and household members of each such employee are not eligible to enter or win. The Contest is subject to all applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Participation constitutes Nominator's full and unconditional agreement to these Official Rules and Sponsor's decisions, which are final and binding in all matters related to the Contest. Winning a prize is contingent upon fulfilling all requirements set forth herein.
- Contest Period: The Contest begins at or about 12:00:00 AM Central Time ("CT") on March 15, 2012 and ends at or about 11:59:59 p.m. CT on May 21, 2021 (the "Contest Period"). The Contest Period consists of two (2) periods consisting of: (1) a submission period where Nominator’s may submit their Nomination which begins at 12:00:00 CT on March 15, 2021 and ends at 11:59:59 PM CT on May 9, 2021 (“Nomination Period”); and (2) a judging period when members of a panel of judges score the Nominations as set forth below which will begin on May 10, 2021 and end on May 21, 2021 (“Judging Period”).
- How to Enter the Contest Portion of the Contest: To enter, Nominators can visit www.inspirewomenbiz.com during the Nomination Period, find and complete the online official entry form (“Entry Form”), which includes providing an essay in 300 words, explaining why the business owner you are nominating as the Nominee deserves to win (each, a “Nomination”). Nominations should include specific examples of how the Nominee is active in the community; how the Nominee inspires others; and how the work-related accomplishments of the Nominee affect the community. Limit one (1) Nomination per person. Sponsor is not responsible for internet or telephone line unavailability, incomplete uploads of any Nomination, or other technical problems that may arise in connection with your entry into the Contest. Any attempt by any participant to enter multiple Nominations by using multiple/different identities or any other methods may disqualify that participant or their Nominees from winning any prize, at the sole discretion of Sponsor. By submitting a Nomination, you hereby acknowledge and agree that the Nomination, or portions thereof, may be shown on Sponsors website, other social media channels, and on radio broadcasts and streaming online without prior consent by or notice to the Nominator and for no additional compensation. Further, each Nominator certifies that the Nomination is his or her own original work, and that he or she has the right to allow the publication of the Nomination without restriction, that the Nomination is suitable for publication (e.g. it does not contain any obscene, indecent, or defamatory content), and Sponsor’s use of the Nomination will not infringe the rights of any third parties (e.g., copyrights, rights of publicity, etc.).
- Judging Period/How Contest Finalists are Chosen: Then, during the Judging Period, each eligible Nomination will be judged using the following judging criteria and percentages: (1) how active the Nominee is in the community (33.3%), how the Nominee has helped to inspire others (33.4%), how the Nominee’s work-related accomplishments affect the community (33.3%) (collectively, the “Judging Criteria”). The Nomination with the highest overall score using the Judging Criteria will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner. In the event of a tie, the Nomination with the highest score in the how the Nominee has helped to inspire others category will be deemed the Grand Prize Winner from among all tying Nominations. The Nominator whose Nomination is selected as a Finalist will be notified by telephone and/or email on or about the day of or after the end of the Judging Period and will be required to help Sponsor contact the Nominee featured in the Nomination (hereinafter, a “Winner”) within two (2) business days of Sponsor or Administrator notifying the Nominator. In the event Sponsor or Administrator are unable to reach a Nominator, or unable to contact the potential Winner within two (2) business days following the initial notification to Nominator, that potential Winner may, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, forfeit his/her right to be deemed an official Winner, and an alternate Winner may be selected by Sponsor, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, using the Judging Criteria set forth above, time permitting.
THE POTENTIAL WINNER IS SUBJECT TO VERIFICATION BY ADMINISTRATOR AND SPONSOR’S DECISIONS ARE FINAL AND BINDING IN ALL MATTERS RELATED TO THE CONTEST.
- Prizes and Approximate Retail Values (“ARV”) – One (1) Grand Prize –A $5,000 donation to the Winner’s Charity of Choice; and $5,000.00 to be awarded to Winner’s business in the form of a check made out to Winner’s business: ARV: $10,000.00. The charity must be a reputable, verified 501(c)(3) charity in good standing to be a Charity of Choice and receive the donation in the name of the Winner. Prizes consist of only those items specifically listed as part of the prize. No cash or other substitution allowed by Winner.
The prizes are non-assignable and non-transferable. Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute the prize for one of equal or greater value, for any reason. The Winner must meet the eligibility requirements as set forth in Paragraph 1 of these Official Rules.
- Verification of Potential Winner: In order to be confirmed as a Winner, and without limitation of any other terms herein, the potential Winner may be required upon Sponsor’s reasonable request to provide satisfactory proof, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, that such potential Winner is an eligible Nominee or Nominator, including but not limited to providing a copy of a potential Winner’s government-issued identification and/or additional information required by Sponsor in order to verify eligibility and compliance with these Official Rules and be declared an official Winner. The Winner may be required to sign and return to Administrator, within five (5) days of the date notice is sent, an affidavit of eligibility and a liability/publicity release (except where prohibited) in order to claim his/her prize, or such other documents as Sponsor deems necessary, in its sole discretion (collectively, “Prize Claim Documents”). If a Winner cannot be contacted pursuant to the requirements set forth in Official Rule #5 above, or fails to sign and return the Prize Claim Documents within the required time period, such potential Winner may be disqualified and may forfeit his/her prize.
- Entry Conditions and Release: By entering, each Nominator and Winner agrees to: (a) comply with and be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Contest; (b) release and hold harmless the Sponsor, Administrator, their respective parent companies, affiliates, and subsidiaries, and the officers, directors, employees, representatives, and agents (collectively, the “Released Parties”) from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to invasion of privacy (under appropriation, intrusion, public disclosure of private facts, false light in the public eye or other legal theory), defamation, slander, libel, violation of right of publicity, infringement of trademark, copyright or other intellectual property rights, property damage, or death or personal injury arising out of or relating to a participant's entry or Nomination, creation of an entry or Nomination or submission of an entry or Nomination, participation in the Contest, acceptance or use or misuse of prize and/or the broadcast, exploitation or use of entry or Nomination; and (c) indemnify, defend and hold harmless the Released Parties from and against any and all claims, expenses, and liabilities (including reasonable attorney’s fees) arising out of or relating to an Nominator's and Winner’s participation in the Contest and/or Nominator's and Winner’s acceptance, use or misuse of prize.
- General Conditions: Sponsor reserves the right to cancel, suspend and/or modify the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason whatsoever, including, without limitation, fire, flood, natural or man-made epidemic of health of other means, earthquake, explosion, labor dispute or strike, act of God or public enemy, satellite or equipment failure, riot or civil disturbance, terrorist threat or activity, war (declared or undeclared) or any federal state or local government law, order, or regulation, public health crisis, order of any court or jurisdiction or if any fraud, technical failures or any other factor beyond Sponsor's reasonable control impairs the integrity or proper functioning of the Contest, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. If the Contest is terminated before the designated end date, Sponsor will (if possible) select the Winners in a random drawing from all eligible Nominations received as of the date of the event giving rise to the termination. Inclusion in such drawing shall be each Nominator’s sole and exclusive remedy under such circumstances. Sponsor reserves the right in its sole discretion to disqualify any individual it finds to be tampering with the entry process or the operation of the Contest or to be acting in violation of these Official Rules or any other Contest or in an unsportsmanlike or disruptive manner. Any attempt by any person to deliberately undermine the legitimate operation of the Contest may be a violation of criminal and civil law, and, should such an attempt be made, Sponsor reserves the right to seek damages from any such person to the fullest extent permitted by law. Only the type and quantity of prizes described in these Official Rules will be awarded. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. In the event that any provision is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable or illegal, these rules shall otherwise remain in effect and shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or illegal provision were not contained herein. Sponsor's failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- Limitations of Liability: The Released Parties as set forth above are not responsible for: (1) any incorrect or inaccurate information, whether caused by Nominators, Winners, printing errors or by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in the Contest; (2) technical failures of any kind, including, but not limited to malfunctions, interruptions, or disconnections in phone lines or network hardware or software; (3) unauthorized human intervention in any part of the entry process or the Contest: (4) technical or human error which may occur in the administration of the Contest or the processing of entries; or (5) any injury or damage to persons or property which may be caused, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from Nominator's participation in the Contest or receipt or use or misuse of any Prize. If for any reason a Nomination is confirmed to have been erroneously deleted, lost, or otherwise destroyed or corrupted, Nominator's sole remedy is another Nomination in the Contest, provided that if it is not possible to award another Nomination due to discontinuance of the Contest, or any part of it, for any reason, Sponsor, at its discretion, may elect to hold a random drawing from among all eligible Nominations received up to the date of discontinuance for any or all of the Prizes offered herein. Nominator and Winner further agree and acknowledges that Sponsor reserves the right to forfeit or award any unclaimed or leftover Prize at its sole discretion.
- Disputes/Governing Law: Nominator and Winners agree that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Contest, other than those concerning the administration of the Contest, or the determination of Winners or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any disputes arising out of these Official Rules (except for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the use of Prizes) shall be submitted to final, binding arbitration conducted in Illinois under the Arbitration Rules and Procedures of the Judicial Arbitration and Mediation Services Inc. before a single, neutral arbitrator who is a former or retired Illinois state or federal court judge with experience in entertainment matters who shall follow Illinois law and the Federal Rules of Evidence and have no authority to award punitive damages. Any party may enforce a final arbitration award in any court of competent jurisdiction in Illinois, including an award of costs, fees and expenses incurred in enforcing the award. Notwithstanding the foregoing, Released Parties shall be entitled to seek injunctive relief (unless otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules) in the state and federal courts of Illinois. Any dispute or portion thereof, or any claim for a particular form of relief (not otherwise precluded by any other provision of these Official Rules), that may not be arbitrated pursuant to applicable state or federal law may be heard only in a court of competent jurisdiction in Illinois; (iii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Contest, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iv) under no circumstances will Nominator be permitted to obtain awards for, and Nominator hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Nominator and Sponsor in connection with the Contest, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Illinois, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of Illinois or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of Illinois. EACH PARTY HEREBY IRREVOCABLY WAIVES ITS RIGHTS TO TRIAL BY JURY FOR ANY CLAIM OR PROCEEDING ARISING OUT OF THE CONTEST OR THESE OFFICIAL RULES.
- Contest Winners: For the Contest Winner’s name (available after May 21, 2021 send a hand-printed, self-addressed, stamped envelope by May 28, 2021 to: Winner List, First Midwest Bank: Inspiring Women In Business Winners, c/o 2060 Digital, LLC, 130 E Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 606011.
- Official Rules: For a copy of these Official Rules, visit www.inspirewomenbiz.com.
- Sponsor: First Midwest Bank, 8750 West Bryn Mawr Avenue, Ste. 1300, Chicago, Illinois 60631
Administrator: 2060 Digital, LLC, 130 E Randolph Street, Suite 2700, Chicago, IL 606011
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. The First Midwest Bank: Inspiring Women In Business Contest is open to nominators who are 18 years of age or older and are legal residents of Illinois, Wisconsin, Indiana, or Iowa, nominating a woman business owner who is at least 18 years of age or older, has owned a business for a minimum of 2 years, whose business is not a competitor of First Midwest Bank, and whose business is located within the Territory. To nominate your nominee, visit www.inspirewomenbiz.com beginning at 12:00:00 AM CT on 3/15/21 through 11:59:59 PM CT on 5/9/21 Void where prohibited by law. For complete rules, go to www.inspirewomenbiz.com. Sponsor: First Midwest Bank.
Meet the 2020 Inspiring Women in Business Winner
FLAVIA LAMBERGHINI, owner of APPLE DENTAL CARE in Chicago’s Logan Square neighborhood, took the top prize. Read what Flavia has shared about her success.
Helping You Build Your Business
As a woman business owner, you are an expert in your field. You’ve done your research and put in the hours. You have put in the work to not only do something you love but to control your destiny while doing it. We want to empower and inspire you to invent and create new products and solve for some of our most complicated issues
Team up with First Midwest Bank. A partnership with momentum.
As a trusted financial partner, First Midwest Bank is ready to help take your business to the next level. We believe that all businesses start with a great idea, a passion to succeed, and dedicated people who see it through. Connect with a local, Small Business expert in your community who can provide knowledgeable, personalized service.